Wednesday, May 15, 2013

That Moment

That moment when my husband gets home for work and hands me a love note.

That moment when he randomly texts me that he is so glad he married me.

That moment when he makes me stop running around, busy with housework and kids, to give him a hug.



That moment my one year old son picks up the most perfect rocks and hands them to me. I've kept them all.

That moment when he leads the way through the yard to pick flowers and acts like he's on a mission while doing so.

That moment when he smiles in delight over nothing and anything.

That moment when he's been screaming most of the day, yet when he goes to sleep, I don't want to put him down.


That moment when five year old Logan tells me how God makes babies; God has a treasure box with all of the pieces to put the baby together.

That moment when he tells me that he's going to save all of his pennies to buy a dirt bike...then a Bob Cat.

That moment when he hugs me and tells me he loves me, even though I'm just his babysitter.


That moment when eight year old Katie
says that she was trying to see how much she could aggravate me and out of one to ten, I "scored" two (My patience must be improving).

That moment when she asks me if we can read the Bible.

That moment when she says that she wants to read the Bible to us.


You know those simple and content moments that can just make your heart soar? Those moments when the world, at least your world, feels to safe and innocent? I love those moments and I'm growing to appreciate them more and more. I find so much peace in those moments.



What has recent "moment" been for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment