Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Weakness



If you were to ask me what my materialistic weakness is, I would answer, "dishes". I love dishes! I have 3 sets of dinnerware:


I got my first ones as a wedding gift! An eight place setting that is solid brown. It's so nice to have a big set!


These were also received as a wedding gift! A four place setting and the colors remind me of pottery.



I got my vintage dishes at a yard sale! I love yard sales. I don't have the whole set, but I have lots of plates and bowls. I looked them up online and found out that they were sold at Piggly Wiggly's in the 70's!









A few sets aside from dinnerware:


A pitcher and 6 glasses that I also received as a wedding gift! AND I just found out this past Sunday that my grandma-in-law's grandma had a set just like it! How awesome!??


And another favorite is my Princess House canisters! I'm not quite sure where my love of glass canisters stems from, but these are perfect! Best yet, they were all kindly given to me!



I adore all of my dishes so much that it's crazy, but it's my "thing". Though I love them all, I'm not afraid to use them. If I'm going to have something, it's got to do more than sit around and collect dust. Hoarding? Not my "thing".

Last, but not least, my favorite kitchen utensil is a wooden spoon. It's sturdy, doesn't melt like the plastic, and is just perfect in every way.
Seriously, it makes cooking feel more home-y than it already is :]
I've even converted Matthew to liking wooden spoons!


So there you have it, a whole post dedicated to my favorite thing, dishes.


Oh...and then there's fabric. I love fabric!




What's YOUR "thing"?















No comments:

Post a Comment