Is it bad that I've been daydreaming about chickens, eggs, cows, and farm fresh butter? Matthew and I are taking on another challenge of lifestyle change and I can't be more excited!
1) We've switched to cloth napkins and barely ever use paper anymore and 2) cloth diapers have been a great change. Simply due to Christmas time I haven't been able to sew enough diapers and inserts to do cloth full time, but plan to get it done when this wonderful season is over!
3) We now drink loose leafed tea and 4) we use baking soda and peroxide to brush our teeth, no toothpaste to be found here and my teeth feel so much cleaner. 5) I make Gage's baby food. Hm...I think that's it?
So next on our list of major and minor lifestyle changes consist of: 1) Making our own soap, 2) making our own (healthy!) bread, and 3) start a garden!
4) We are planning to get our chickens in the spring and somewhere afterwards, we'll be getting 5) a cow to eat and 6) a milk cow. It's a lot, and I know I'm looking at a lot of work, but that's why we're trying to make the change gradual so that we can slowly work all of these thing into our schedule and just make it all a part of our life.
I've never had "real" milk and butter before, and I'll be the first to tell you, I'm probably too excited about it, haha.
I look forward to raising Gage in this kind of lifestyle, I think it's a healthy way to grow, both physically and emotionally. Also, I may be taking on 2 more kiddos in the near future. I used to babysit them and I may be doing so again! If I do, I'm confident in knowing that my home will be a great environment for them. No cable and all.
I guess my success will never be in a college degree, which can bother me sometimes. I tell Matthew that I want to go to school for "general education", but he laughs and objects. There really is no sense in going to school with no end goal, so it would be a waste of money. I'm pretty sure my success is going to lie behind adorable kids, a little farm, and the best darn bread you've ever tasted.
So the "simple" life doesn't always mean "easy", but the easy route is not usually the one to go on anyways.
No comments:
Post a Comment