I make signs!
When we lived down at the trailer, we had a lady bug infestation (Side thought: if I had to choose an infestation...it would be lady bugs) the ladies stayed in our master bathroom. Hardly ever venturing out. I made a sign of a lady bug crossing and had a stick figure man angrily about to step on a lady bug, and I had a slash across the picture. You know, so people knew not to kill my little friends. They weren't hurting me!
Sign number two: "Don't flip off switch!" because that switch, whitch was next to the light switch, was controlling the outlet that our computer was plugged into. I mostly made that sign for myself, because I kept habitually flipping it off. Hahahaha!
Last, but not least of the signs at the trailer; we had two sinks in the master bathroom and one leaked if you turned on the faucet. Therefore I drew that comic strip of sorts showing the consequences of such action. Which including tragically flooding our trailer. The leak was that bad. Kind of.
Oh and be sure to take note the portrait of my lovely Cat and the person merrily washing their hands...before they destroyed our home.
I got on my hands and knees one day and polished our wooden kitchen floor and it became a danger to step foot on it. So before Matthew got home from work to risk his life to walk into the Kitchen...
All of those examples to say, signs are very helpful for you and everyone else who enter your household. It's something to be goofy with or can be a kind word of caution.
I've worked in a couple of restaurants and both were notorious for having signs on every possible surface. They were mostly from the bosses so they were, well, bossy. Needless to say, they weren't always pleasant.
Signs can be hateful or signs can be a way to say "GET THIS DONE!!!" in a nicer way than sometimes our voices can.



No comments:
Post a Comment