A year and 2 months later- here I am! I died off of here after only 2 posts. Wow, what a blogger I am!
Here I am, to try this out again.
Only a month and a half ago, my dear husband and I finally got into our house. Actually, my dear husband, our little boy, and I finally got into our house! Not long after my last post, I found out that I was pregnant and we moved in with my father-in-law and mother-in-law (Due to numerous reasons).
Let me tell you, the past year has been one crazy trip! First year of marriage, first pregnancy, first time living with another family, we became first time parents, and currently settling into our first (hopefully only) home with our own little family.
So now that I'm back, I will certainly be telling about our many adventures in trying to get into this house, showing before and after pictures of rooms and projects, and give you ideas on what NOT to do when trying to restore a house. We got to learn from experience what not to do.
In addition to that, I want to share my heart on marriage, parenthood, and my walk with an awesome God and I look forward to finding the blueprints to my life in the process.
By the way, super delicious apple cake:
Ingredients:
2 beaten eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel (I just added a little lemon juice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice*
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups peeled, chopped apples
1 cup chopped pecans*
Directions:
1: Allow eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 10 inch tube pan (I used 2, 9 inch round pans); set pan aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
2: In a mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in apples and pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan(s).
3: Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake on rack. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. Cover; store in fridge.
This is a an easy, fail proof, and crowd pleaser cake! Really moist and yummy and definitely a winner for me. With fall just around the corner, you now know what to do with some of those apples you will be getting.
*Did not have ingredient on hand and simply omitted.
(Recipe credited to Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book, my favorite and most used cook book!)
No comments:
Post a Comment