With a child in the picture, it's more like this: working on supper when Matthew comes through the door and trying to keep baby Gage content while I try not to let everything burn. Half the time, I'm even in my pajamas.
So needless to say, I haven't really nailed the art of being a homemaker yet, but the desire to perfect it is there. I love to cook, but I'm still learning to cook. Sewing is so much fun, but I'm just now starting to sew without my mom's (incredible!) help. I actually enjoy cleaning, but tools and construction mess dictates the household right now. The right side of my kitchen is the cleanest place in the house, but that has to be the case or there would be no cooking from this lady. Cooking without an inch of counter space? No, thank you!
When I search around the Internet and stumble upon other blogs I find so many women who do everything! The cooking, baking, cleaning, sewing, and ultimate child rearing and, to be honest, I get slightly green with envy. But what's turning colors going to help with anything? So it's just something I shoot for now and I accept that it's trial and error...with quite a few errors.
I used to fear that I would be unsuccessful if I stayed at home. It's like I'm throwing my life away, I would think. I wanted to go to school and I didn't even want to major in anything, I just wanted to go and become smarter. It was all about success
It took me a while before I realized that it was my calling to stay at home because even when it was in the back of my mind, I didn't want to believe it. I kept on using the word "Successful" when I talked to Matthew about what I wanted to be. My self-value was based on how the world saw me and I felt like if people saw me as unsuccessful, I was worthless.
God worked on me long enough and I finally got past that point and accepted my calling. Do I regret it? Absolutely not! Also, I do not feel "lesser-than" just because I am a stay at home wife and mom. It is my calling and I have peace now that I'm not running from it.
You don't have to be a stay at home wife/mom to be a homemaker...
No comments:
Post a Comment