Friday, September 14, 2012

Taking Time for Tea

My tea set with a couples devotional book "Night Light" by James and Shirley Dobson

Matthew bought me a beautiful Chinese tea set just last Christmas and I had been wanting a tea set for a while! Needless to say, it thrilled me to the depths of my soul to open my gift and discover this along with a variety of loose leaf teas to try out.

Now lets back up.

All of the firsts in my life were joined with a lot of stresses as well. I have a problem with finding relaxation once I get caught up in the insanity of every day life, much less any additional chaos. Then I received this lovely tea set and ever since moving into the house, we've put the tea set into a lot more use with almost nightly doses of hot tea. Just recently, we started doing our couples devotional during our "bedtime tea". The devotional has questions to ask each other at the end and allows us the opportunity to talk about more in depth subjects. It gives us a window into each other's walk with Christ and where we stand on different matters. I've loved "Night Light" by James and Shirley Dobson! I definitely recommend it.

Every night I put our little boy down for bed and begin to run around like a crazy lady trying to catch up on housework that I missed out on during the day, Matthew begins making the tea, and once it's finished steeping, we sit down together and talk. Focusing on nothing except each other and in no time a wave of calm washes over me. It's amazing what some quiet conversation, alone time with my beloved husband, and a hot beverage can do! It is one of my favorite times of the day.

Sencha Green Tea is the hot tea that we are currently enjoying and, like most teas, has loads of health benefits (Here's more about Sencha tea) I'm not talking about the good ol' southern sweet tea that we used to love. Two cups of sugar per gallon? That was us. Now our regular refrigerator tea is white tea with one cup of sugar, So light and, in my opinion, way more refreshing.

But with this fall weather coming, I'm about ready to break out the hot apple spice tea! Yum!

What helps you wind down?


No comments:

Post a Comment